Monday, June 6, 2011

Magnifying your Brilliance

I met a marketing person at a beekeeping class in Crestone, CO, this weekend who saw her work as "magnifying others' brilliance." Awesomeness.

As I left the office today, I said to my colleague, Jamie, "Not only do we get to make our own dreams come true, but we get to help others make their dreams come true.  How cool is that?"

Things are getting busy. I've got some travel coming up in the next several months: Taos, Denver, New York, Green River, UT, Atlanta, Milwaukee/Oconomowoc.  There are multiple situations that are potentially in a state of simultaneous meltdown at work, which may or may not work themselves out without my intervention.  Good things are happening, too: grant money flowing in, love affirmations, creative collaborations, work created, students learning, bees humming.

I'm feeling that as I get more busy, I want to write more.  It helps me think, helps me be. I am thrilled when I can think my way through a problem to a solution, and I can think of two situations where my solution help may have a real impact on other peoples' lives.

I'm also loving on myself.  At the bee workshop, I saw this beautiful Kenya-style top-frame hive.  It looks like a musical instrument to me.  It is now mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment