Sunday, June 19, 2011

Triangles

Triangles, Triangulation, Triads... three things, three ideas, three people in relation to each other.  Dyads turning into Triads.  Dynamic tension and creativity, possibilities within boundaries, and new frontiers...

Three things...I now have three hives of bees.  As soon as I finish this blog post, I'll head out to the farm to see how they are doing.  Two hives are of one style; the third is different.  I will compare the three throughout the season.  I'm eager to see how they interact with each other. There is strength in numbers, and I'm hopeful that if there are any problems I can combine and recombine the three into new possibilities (possibili-bees?).

Three ideas.... Talking with a friend yesterday, he kept posing either/or questions, seemingly like he predecided the answers for me.  I kept having to rephrase the question into one I could answer.  This is my example of the dynamic tension between twos and threes--he was pulling the conversation in one direction--either or--and I wanted to insert my own perspective--the third.  I'm sure there is a musical connection here, too--the one and the five of a triad, with the third (major or minor?) determining more meaning.

Three people, third wheel, the other "other", three examples of three triads... Two friends plus a new friend equals jealousy, comparison.  Potential for more fun, but also for toxic triangulation, positioning, gossiping. A stable pair, with a third wheel, disrupts balance, brings attention to the stability. The other "other", the grass is greener; I see more with him because I saw with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment