Sunday, November 27, 2011

Future song

    My dear friend Megan visited me this week in Alamosa and reminded me of how we used to play a game.  I'd write a poem/song lyrics each Thursday, and she'd set them to music by the following week.  We'd get together to share the music and start the cycle over anew. 
    We went to Milagros coffee shop, which has a policy of serving free coffee to patrons who play a song on the piano.  She surprised me by playing one of our co-written songs, which inspired me to start sending her lyrics again.  Here is this week's installment.  I'll post a wave file of the audio when I get it.
    It's ok to be a little ridiculous Soulfully exposed Sap is rising Full of love Lots of thoughts spinning in my head Desires Beautiful people Exquisite restraint Fingertips brushing against each others' Eyes meeting So close I can smell his hair, his hat Almost can touch the curve of his spine His hair curls at the nape of his neck Sunlight marks highlights Breathe deeply. Inhale. Smiles and kindnesses and jokes and compliments. And complements--completing things. Move wordlessly. His silhouette standing with his weight over one leg hand reaching absently into his pocket, one fluid motion. Producing the tool needed for the job Hands smoothing over the surface His tongue working as he concentrates, licking his lip. We do things the right way. Even if it takes more time is more expensive is overdone. We give each other the gift of our time. These acts of service, words of praise and Encouragement. We catch up. We reconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment